[Travelandtourism] a travel question

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 03:19:20 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
I have a travel question for you, on behalf of my friend Amanda Dreher who has a hearing dog named Louie.
I was curious about what the rules are for going into Hawaii?
I remember a long time back, other dogs from the rest of the US and other countries had to be quarranteened for up to ten days.
If someone with a guide, hearing or other assistance dog wants to go to Hawaii with their dog, what types of documentation would be needed?
I know that there definitely needs to be a microchip as well as a health certificate and other vaccinations too.
Would there be any other requirements?
I do remember you mentioning about planning six months in advance when taking a cruise ship, but just don't remember the rest as my friend will be flying to Hawaii by plane.
*Smiles and thank you*
Sincerely:
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog