[Travelandtourism] Spirit Airlines is no longer accessible using speech

Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:00:21 UTC 2012

Hi list:

Just found out a couple of things regarding the use of Spirit Airlines website.  When you in roll or renew your membership in their $9 fare club,  in the agreement section there's a check box which is only accessed by using your mouse.  I have tried without success using Jaws 9 through 13, to find this check box and its a no go.

Also couple more of these check boxes exist in the booking section after you have confirm your flights.  Thanks to Cheryl this morning for helping me sign a client up for the $9 Fare Club and I need your help whenever your available to book the reservation.  I have informed the client that I no longer can book any more Spirit Airline reservations for them using their website.

My wife also is a $9 Fare Club member and she couldn't renew her membership as well.  She called the customer service number yesterday and they told her, its an online discount program only so they don't have the ability to sign or renew memberships.  She is putting a call into Their corporate headquarters today and see what there official word is.  I'll keep you all updated on the progress of this issue.  Note:  This speech issue has yet to be tested with Window eyes so can't say if the same accessibility problem will also be present.

Reese