[Travelandtourism] Spirit Airlines is no longer accessibleusingspeech

Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:44:05 UTC 2012

Peter:

Their customer service calls are outsourced to India so it wouldn't do any
good to bring up this issue while on the phone with them.  We are going to
have to take this matter to a higher level within the Company.  This is why
we are making contact with their corporate offices in Florida.  The issue
wasn't the faire.  The issue was signing up for their discount fare program.
Now I do have a booking issue regarding their discount program and
unfortunately I'm going to need a sighted person to help me complete the
reservation.

Reese

----- Original Message ----- Hello Reese and everyone,

    Their refusal to give her the $9.00 discount over the phone due to the
inaccessibility of their Web site is a direct violation of section 508 of
the Rehabilitation Act. The next time they tell you that inform them or any
other airline that refuses to grant discount fares due to inaccessibility of
their Web site is violating the law and they would do well to fix their Web
site or they could be facing a day in court.