[Travelandtourism] I was contacted yesterday about the new radio program WEUS BIG810AM RADIO SHOW: BLIND MATTERS

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:46:19 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
You may get this twice and I am sorry, especially if you are on other lists that I am on.
The President of the Blind Veterans Association of the National Federation of the Blind, Dwight Sayer, recommended me to a Mr. Michael Golder of Florida, who will be hosting this new radio show on the AM Dial down in Florida, which is called WEUS BIG810AM called Blind Matters.
See helping out fellow NFB members.
The show will also be on the internet as well. I am copying the letter he sent me here, so that you can all read it, the show starts Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 3pm.
The reason I am letting you know about this is because some of you live in Florida, but he is also contact others to get it in there broadcast area as well.
As well as me being the President of the Travel and Tourism Division, it will also be a call in show etc.
It looks great the first of it's kind, yes I have my own, and others as well, especially our Joe Ruffalo with the thruoureyes.org.
So I am looking forward to being a guest on his show in the future.
Here is the information about it.
March 29, 2012

WEUS BIG810AM RADIO SHOW:
BLIND MATTERS

Dear Cheryl:

As per our conversation,
beginning on Saturday, April 7th, 2012, WEUS The Big 810am, Orlando,
will be airing  a weekly program, Blind
Matters, with a target audience of the vision impaired in the Orlando
market.  This show is said to be the
first of  its kind in the State of
Florida as per the Division of the Blind, State of Florida.  The format for this show will all talk,
informative  and fun where the listeners
will participate  during the hour.  The show will start off with a one hour
program with a projection of extending to a two hour show within a couple of
weeks.  Lighthouse Central Florida
released thousands of “tweets” and mailers were sent out in Braille to the
local community.  The National
Association of Blind Veterans, Division of the Blind/State of Florida and many
other organizations are spreading the word about our show.

Tune in to www.big810am.com on Saturday, April 7th
at 3pm. and click on Listen Live. You can also download the app on our website
and stream it live on your phone.  The
show will air each Saturday at 3pm.  By
the third week we should be airing for two hours per show.  The call in number to speak live on the show
is 407-774-0810.

I hope that you help us
spread the word through the NFB of Florida.

Thank you, Cheryl.

Regards.

Michael Golder

reservations at echevarriatravel.com