[Travelandtourism] New to the List

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:39:36 UTC 2012

Welcome to the list William.
Do you belong to any of our state affiliates with the NFB.
Also, on behalf of the Travel and Tourism, I welcome you to join our National Division, it is $10.00 a year to join the group, we have a monthly board of directors meeting which is the 4th Monday of each month, started at 8pm Eastern Time, which is a teleconference call that is opened to all.
We are not just travel professionals, we are people who also travel or want to travel. In fact, we have a new description of the division and of the talk list, that we voted on back on the last meeting.
Since many were confused about the division:
We offer anything that has to do within the travel community. Such as vocational (travel industry as a profession, whether it be a travel agent, an agency owner, working in the reservations industry of the business etc, cultural and social advancement.
Plus advocating in the field to make sure that all blind people can travel experience from start to finish whether making a reservation online or using a kiosk at an airport, traveling by bus, plane, train, cruise ship etc.
Our purpose of the Talk list:
The purpose of this organization is
to serve as a division of the National Federation of the Blind.  It is to serve as a vehicle for collective
action by the blind of the nation.  This
division functions as a mechanism through which all interested blind and sighted
persons can come together to plan and execute programs that improve the quality
of life and travel for the blind.  We promote
vocational, cultural and social advancement of the blind; to achieve integration
of the blind into society on the basis of equality with the sighted; to
focus attention upon accessibility and problems facing blind travelers, to
educate blind people interested in the travel and tourism industry;
and to take any other action necessary to improve the overall condition and
standard of living of the blind.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Help fuel the "Dream Machine" of the Imagination Fund by visiting www.nfb.org/imaginationfund to make a donation using your credit card ortext the word "blind" to 85944 and you will automatically donate $10 worth of fuel via your cell phone bill.