[Travelandtourism] Discusssion Blind people can travel anywhere with the right planning

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 4 01:23:36 UTC 2013

Sadly, it seems that disrespect and rudeness is becoming more common.
I have seen it on both sides of the coin.
All of that can create lots of emotional damage or even, enemies.
Although this may not be related to the topic directly, but just an example...
Yesterday while Odie and I were returning home for a short time before doing anything else, I was on the route0 bus.
I always try to stick with using public transportation for the most part if I can do so.
Paratransit is getting too expensive and I find it becoming more inconvenient, given that they expect people to be on the van under five minutes.
When Odie travels with me while I'm out and about, I have him wear shoes to protect his paws.
Some lady sitting next to me had the nerve to tell me it was too hot out for Odie to be wearing shoes.
I told her no it wasn't and that either my partner's feet stay protected or get burned.
I let her know that if I have to wear shoes, then so should my working partner.
He also wears them when I use my power wheelchair so if he should accidentally get his paws caught under the wheels, his feet don't get hurt as badly.
Cheryl, keep on doing the best you can and if I should ever do any other type of traveling, I'll be sure to let ya know.
I just hope that one day, I'll be able to get over the discomfort of flying again, as I'm not fond of flying that much.
I have dealt with Greyhound in the past and also used Amtraak last year which Odie and I both liked and enjoyed a lot.
The experience was great.
Bibi and son Odie
who wish if it is going to storm,
that it would do so