[Travelandtourism] If you watch ABC's the Lookout they had a great episode this past Wednesday

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:22:28 UTC 2013

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch it.
I am hoping that it will be on youtube.com or somewhere I can post it.
Anyway, the show on 8/7/2013 showed to be very careful when booking online with a booking engine about photos, videos and of course descriptions of destinations you are visiting.
Many of the websites have photo shopped pictures, to make better photos and mask the bad stuff.
Some are copied from other websites and some are just old pictures and when you get there it isn't what you expected.
Now as a travel professional myself, I like to travel and take pictures and videos so my clients know what they are getting. I cannot be every place either, but I do ask if I have never been to some place on other travel professional websites and sites that are available to consumers on ratings etc.
Cheap is what you are going to get cheap, expect it. "If it sounds to good to be true" it probably is, so be careful.
case in point, in the middle of one segment(not sure how it started) they booked an  (All Inclusive Resort)online through cheap Caribbean in Mexico, The Krystal I believe. Great story about how what is advertised is not what you receive at All Inclusive Resorts. They also mentioned another site called Oyster.com and they track down hotels that are trying to pass off fake photos.
Remember that when you find something cheaper than what the professionals are giving you.
Not saying that everyone has to use a travel professional at all, what I am trying to say is "BE CAREFUL"

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FL CST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama