[Travelandtourism] Information for traveling with a guide dog into the Dominican Republic

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 18:28:01 UTC 2013

Since I wasn't sure of this, I had to contact the department of agriculture in the Dominican Republic.
I am cross posting this information so that NAGDU can add this to there information as well.
This is only for entertain via the airports, I will be getting the information
For entertaining via cruise line it is the same thing, but you will have to submit the paperwork 5 days prior to cruising to your cruise lines. So I would visit your vet at least 5 business days prior to cruising.
Once you get to the port that you are visiting in the DR. You will have to show this paperwork and they will assign you a permit again it is about $10.00
To bring you dog into the Dominican Republic, you will need a USDA Health Certificate from your Vet. Also bring with you a copy of all vaccinations administered within the last 12 months.  Once you arrive in the DR I shortened it here. When you are going through customs you need to get a permit, which costs less then $10 good for the time you are there.
I hope this helps.
Again, this information is current, since I just got of the phone with the Department of Agriculture in the Dominican Republic.
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama