[Travelandtourism] Need your input for our next trip in October 2014

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 16:55:44 UTC 2013

We are having our 1st Meeting of the Division on September 30, 2013 at 8PM Eastern Time via teleconference.
If you are on the travel and tourism member list you may get this twice I do apologize. I wanted to make sure everyone is getting everything.
The call in number is  and will be for all our calls, so please keep it handy write it down, etc.
I will also post it on www.nfbtravel.org and facebook, twitter, you get the point.
Call in number is  (805) 360-1000Code once you get on the call is 871517#
Some housekeeping rules. After taking attendance I will ask everyone to mute yourselves which is *6, when we ask you to ask questions or comment we will let you know, with to many people on the call it will be to noisy.
We ask once the calls are unmuted, that everyone respect each other opinions.
Now the topic of conversation will be after introductions have been made and treasurer report given, Margo Downey Secretary has posted the minutes of the meeting at convention, which is on the www.nfbtravel.org website. We will start fresh.
1st order of business current trip October 9-13, 20132nd order of business plans and ideas for October 2014. Our trips will be during meet the blind month.
I have posted ideas, we also want you to post yours.
We have posted Nashville, Savannah, Boston and Montreal.
Please remember whatever you decide, please make sure you can attend, this our fundraiser for the division. Also remember this is an NFB Event but it is not only for blind people, we want everyone to attend; friends, family, etc. The only way people will know about us the blind is by learning from one another.
Also remember where ever we pick, that everyone cannot afford it, then that location will not be offered.
Remember not everyone can afford airfare or paying for passports.
But nothing is offer the table
There is the US and there is the World
bus, cruise, train, etc.
Once we have a list, it will be posted to the division. All paid members will be voting, so if you haven't joined the division yet, all the information is on our website.
As soon as this is done, we will arrange the trip, and then payment policies will be announced. Again, we started this year's trip planning last November. We had payment plans, etc. So the sooner we do this the sooner we can do this.
Might even have a contest or offer raffles at convention for the trip.
More ideas please post and bring to the meeting.
Write them down so you don't forget it.
Your sister in the NFB
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel and Tourism National Federation of the Blindwww.nfbtravel.orginfo at nfbtravel.org631-236-5138

Below is my business information do not use for NFB business.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama