[Travelandtourism] title VI

DJ Reese atlanticstar1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 21:13:23 UTC 2013

my understanding is Marta once privately contracted the service out however,
had to take it back because the Company did a very pore job managing it.
Now they are visiting that option again since the State refuses to give them
any funding.  They do receive Federal funding however, that's being cut
every year so the future doesn't look bright there.

DJ Reese

----- Original Message ----- Well here in NY, it is not all run by the MTA,
out here on Long Island, it is run by private companies. Suffolk County Bus
here where I live, and in Nassau County, for the past 2 years is NICE.
Nassau Inter County Express. I wish it was on MTA, we would have better
service here in Suffolk County. We don't have Sunday service, which Nassau
County has, and we don't have or late night service, our bus stops running
at about 7pm or maybe a little later, so we are trapped in the county if we
wanted later bus service or Sunday.