[Travelandtourism] My Friend and I

Vicki Ratcliffe vratcliffe01 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 12 21:43:05 UTC 2013

     I'll chime in here with a few thoughts since I have traveled quite a
bit and am always looking for more opportunities.  All the trains in Europe
are great and you might want to consider the fact: "do you want to visit a
country where everyone speaks English or not.  I know that English is spoken
quite a bit by many people but depending on the country and where you are
visiting, sometimes you'll run in to a situation where people do not speak
English.

     From experience, all the Scandinavian countries are small and everyone,
including the taxi driver, spoke English when I visited Copenhagen.

     In Holland I was given a private tour of the Anne Frank House, an
experience which I will never forget.

     You might want to decide "do I want to visit a couple cities in one or
two countries" or what type of vacation do I want.  Even if a travel agent
does planning for you, it's always wise to research what is available to do
and in many cases, doing this research before deciding where to go can
actually help you figure out where to go.

     You also want to decide how do you want to get around: mainly by public
transportation, taxis or a combination of both.

     Good luck with your trip and let the list know what you decide.

Vicki