[Travelandtourism] Let us all welcome our member Rick Wilkinson

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 11 12:40:59 UTC 2013

Rick welcome to the Travel & Tourism Division.
Everyone please introduce yourselves.
My name is Cheryl Echevarria, from NY, I am the President of our Division. Maurice Shackelford from GA, is the Vice President. Margo Downey from NY is our Secretary, Milton Taylor from UT is a Treasurer since 2004. Amy Baron from Minnesota is a board member, Jemal Powell from Illinois is a board member and Tracie Inman from FL is a Board Member.
FYI, the listserve talk list is free for everyone to use. To be a member and have a say in the division itself, meaning participation in the division and a vote on what we will be doing throughout the year, you must be a paid member which is $10.00 a year.
The NFBTRAVEL.ORG website has been updated on how to join.
Someone had asked earlier this week about voting and elections for officers.
Like any state or national convention, we have our annual live meeting at National. You must be present to vote and run for office.  Like NFB is asking each state to start at large chapters, since many meetings are to far for people to join, they do not replace meetings if you can get to them or state conventions or national conventions.
Other things, we will be having monthly meetings which will be done by teleconference. it is not a free service for us to have for the division, but it is not a toll free number.
Stayed tuned for announcement on that date, which will be coming shortly.
We also have a teleconference board meeting, but that is for the officers, all are welcome to that, but you can only ask questions on that. If you want transparency, please make sure you are involved.
We have the nfbtravel.org website, we have facebook account, twitter account, and many things are posted when necessary in the braille monitor and in fact, our national trip was announced by Dr. Maurer on his monthly presidential report, there is plenty information out there to everyone who wants it.
We understand we have many that belong to both NFB and ACB, we also understand we have people who don't belong to any of them. we ask that you participate and be active as much as possible. But we go by the old rule that our grandmothers taught us, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. We respect everyone on this list and this division. If you do not like what is being said, please read and then delete, or you will not know what is being talked about.
You will be given a few warnings, and then we will speak with David Andrews about things.
We have over 200 members on this list.
Welcome all to the 2013-2014 year. We look forward to having you involved.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourismwww.nfbtravel.org

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FL CST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama