[Travelandtourism] Updates for Disney Travel website from one our travel agents

Tracie Inman tracieinman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 17:38:59 UTC 2013

Mark, Cheryl, and Travel & Tourism Division:
  I have been on both sites recently helping a group of clients.  I also went through the Travel Agent site as instructed.  First, I'd like to thank the folks at Disney for making an effort to make the site easier to access.  Thank you very much for your support for the Travel Agents who are blind and visually impaired.  I do notice that there is more text availablity on the training than previously.  However, here is a couple of things that need to happen to make it easier.  Second, I am a Zoom Text user and not a JAWS user.  ZoomText is a magnifier as opposed to a screen reader.

I found the Booking tab easier to use.
Disney Destination Genius - The light backgrounds where we must click on the constellations with white font is NOT easy for some one who is visually impaired. Also, how can some one who reads slowly with screen magnifiers and screen readers quickly read the quiz questions in the Challenge?  Can the clock be removed?
Can a Text Only version of the Disney Destination courses be made available?
The bookshelf is a little difficult to read with a screen magnifier struggling to read sideways.  If you're going to use the book shelf - can the books be stacked as opposed to lined up on the book shelf.  This way, those with screen magnifiers can easily view the title of the books and select the one they need or want to view.
 I didn't have a problem with the videos.  I find the videos easier than reading lots of text.
 On the GPS system - can the GPS be made to work with a braille note taker or iPad and convert speech to text through Dragon Speak software or similar for Deaf-Blind users who may not be able to  hear the text?
 Those are my thoughts, and while my notes are brief I hope it is some help.  I wish all of you a Blessed thanksgiving. - Tracie

"Making Your Travel Dreams Come True No Matter What the Obstacles"

Tracie Inman, Independent Contractor
http://www.Inmantravel.com
904-372-0644
reservations at inmantravel.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose Travel
CST - #1018299-10