[Travelandtourism] 2nd Annual NFB Travel & Tourism Fundraiser Trip

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:48:51 UTC 2013

Now that the 1st trip is over, we raised $1200 for the division, yeah!

Now is the time to start planning for our 2nd Trip to Nashville for October 6-10, 2014. This will also be posted in the Braille Monitor, and on our website www.nfbtravel.org, twitter page, facebook page, etc.

Please read carefully, it has a lot of detailed information and want to make sure everyone reads correctly, we will answer many questions along the way, but we are now taken deposits and should you change you mind NO LATER THAN 5/15/2014! YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR MONEY BACK, Less $40 for our fundraiser, BUT WE NEED A MINIMUM OF 30 PEOPLE FOR THIS TRIP TO GO, SO START MAKING YOUR RESERVATIONS ASAP!

If you would like to raffle off a ticket as a fundraiser for your state of division, let us know and we can help you with this as well.

Here is the information on Nashville October 6-10, 2014

Just and FYI, I will be holding some hotel space on the 5th and the 11th at a hotel airport, because the bus company will be picking us up and dropping us off at the Nashville International Airport Baggage Claim area (BNA). I will once again be offering travel options such as arrange for airfare, bus, and train options, so will also Maurice Shackelford vice president of the division, you can reach him at reservations at peachtreetravel.net;  Please pass this information to everyone and not only to the blind community. We can handle 50 people per bus.

Also if you are flying in the day of the trip you must be on the bus no later than 1pm, so when booking your airfare, you need to be off the plan by 11:30AM on October 6. Just so that we are all together and flights need to be booked after 5pm for your return home on the 10, since the bus will be dropping off at around 3pm. Remember TSA and airport to get to your gates. Again, this is advice for flying in and flying out for the 6 or the 10th.

Prices are:

Double Occupancy (2 People in room) it is $568 per person, again each person will be charge for there own stay

Single Occupancy (1 person in room) it is $688

Triple Occupancy (3 people in the room and to expect 2 double beds, so you need to sleep together no roll-away beds) $548 per person

Deposits are $75 per person, if you are going single occupancy it is $120 deposit. Deposits are being accepted as we speak, and then payment plans can be arranged.

We will take deposits up until 5/15/2014 final payment is due not later than 7/20/2014. FYI, the final deposit date is final, do not wait until the last minute to do this, should you change your mind prior to the 5/15/2014 all money will be returned less the fundraiser money, which is $40

We will be doing paypal again if you would like to pay by credit card, but we will have to charge a processing fee, paypal took a lot of money from us with that.

We will also take check or money order only no cash will be accepted through the mail, made out to the NFB Travel & Tourism Division. All payments by mail must be sent to Treasurer Milton Taylor: 654 W 1820 N, Orem, UT 84057

The prices include:
 Hotels: similar to Holiday inns, la Quinta  Hotels, etc. small but nice hotels, Best Westerns, etc.Meals: 4 Breakfasts and 4 Dinners, no lunch providedTips for driver and tour guide2 Great Shows: The Grand Ole Opry and Nashville Nightlife TheatreExclusive Dinner Party just for us from Diamond Tours with EntertainmentGuided Tours of Nashville and Belle Meade PlantationAdmission to the Country Music Hall of Fame MuseumAdmission to the Grand Ole Opry Backstage  TourTransportation in Nashville and to and from the Airport upon arrival and departure on a video and restroom equipped bus.

Not included on the trip:

airfare to and from Nashville or other transportation, but Cheryl Echevarria of Echevarria Travel can arrange it for you.spending moneytravel insurance, again I will be offering this upon a need bases.  Just FYI; You need to put in for your vacation if you have issues with work as soon as possible, travel insurance does not cover if you job does not allow you to go. It also doesn't cover should guide dog gets sick (This has actually happened to a client who went to National Convention and had to cancel there airlines trip). but we will get into that later for those that need and want it. More information on this later.
Day 1: After you land in Nashville International Airport, you'll depart in the comfort of a luxury, video and restroom equipped  Motorcoach as you head for  lots  o f excitement  in Nashville. This  evening  you'll enjoy Dinner and checkinto your Nashville area hotel for a four night stay.

Day 2:After enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you'll take a Guided Tour of NASHVILLE,including a stop  at the Parthenon.The Parthenon is the world's only full scale reproduction of the famous Greek Temple. Then you will experience a ride on the DELTA FLATBOATS inside the OPRYLAND HOTEL. This evening you will enjoy Dinner before going to see a show at the famous GRAND OLE OPRY.

Day 3:Today, after a Continental Breakfast, you'll depart for a Guided Tour of beautiful BELLE MEADE PLANTATION. Marvel at its antebellum architecture, and learn about its unique Southern history. Belle Meade's illustrious past has spanned from its prosperity as a Thoroughbred breeding establishment, to its perilous location at the Civil War's Battle of Nashville, to its current restoration as a historically accurate Victorian home. A visit to Belle Meade also provides an important insight into the struggles of African Americans before the Civil War. Next, you'll have an opportunity to explore Historic Downtown Nashville. This evening, enjoy Dinner and a Show at the fabulous NASHVILLE NIGHTLIFE DINNER THEATER.

Day 4:Enjoy a Continental Breakfast, before departing for the GRAND OLE OPRY BACKSTAGE TOUR. There's nothing like a backstage tour of the Grand Ole Opry House -it's a must-see for everyone in Music City! Walk in the footsteps of country music's superstars and get an exclusive look at what happens behind the scenes of the show that made country music famous! This afternoon, you'll head to the COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME. This is a state of the art cultural landmark and an architectural crown jewel of the Nashville skyline. Be amazed by its incredible array of rare costumes, instruments and historical mementos. This evening, enjoy an exclusive Diamond Tours0 Dinner Party with Entertainment.

Day 5:Today, after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you depart for home.•. A perfect time to chat with your friends about all the fun things you've done, the great sights you've seen and where your next group trip will take you!
Thank you

Cheryl Echevarria, President
NFB Travel & Tourism Division
National Federation of the Blind