[Travelandtourism] For Members of Outside Agents, New Special Needs Group!

Jana Jackson jana at janajackson.com
Tue Apr 22 02:37:36 UTC 2014

Hey, guys!  I got sunburned really bad a couple of days ago, and I'm still
in a bunch of pain. But I wanted to be sure that anyone who already is or is
considering becoming a member of Outside Agents to know about a Special
Needs group that was created by Chad on the community forum.  He was kind
enough to ask me to be a moderator, and I'm gonna do my best! <Smile>  Chad
wanted to create a place for agents who have disabilities to be able to
discuss their ideas and concerns, and create a place for all agents to get
info regarding accessible travel for their clients.

We can talk about ideas for making the website more accessible. A few weeks
ago, Chad began posting training videos on YouTube, in part because the
Flash player on the Outside Agents website wasn't at all accessible with a
screen reader.  It's also a great place where we can share work-arounds and
little tricks for getting that keyboard to let us access things like booking
engines, forms, etc., even when it doesn't want to! <Smile>  Not to mention
the fact that we can help agents to know about accommodations that their
clients with disabilities do and do not need! <Smile>

That's about all the pain meds will let me say about it for now, except to
give those of you who are members of Outside Agents the link to the forum:

http://agents.outsideagents.com/group/special-needs-club

I think this can be both informative and a lot of fun!  Be blessed! J

Jana