[Travelandtourism] Sattler Center

maryannmigs at gmail.com maryannmigs at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 01:31:48 UTC 2014

Hi, This is MaryAnn Migliorelli.  I haven't written to the list in quite a
while, but Amy's topic caught my interest.
I used the Statler Center as a resource when I started my career at
Marriott.  Unfortunately, they didn't have much information about the
particular software I needed to use, but their director is very interested
in my progress.
One of the best ways I examine programs, whether centers or schools like
Statler is to look at their placement in fields of interest or independence.
Depending on what you want out of a hospitality career, Statler may meet
your needs.  I wanted more than it could provide, so I focused on a
hospitality degree which would better aid my aspiration toward management.
Check with them to see how many people they have placed in your desired
career field and how far up the ladder their placements have gone.
As to CCB, I have done some substitute teaching there.  The program is
definitely solid, and so are the others.  You can get more out of it than
you put in if you are willing to work hard and absorb the teaching like a
good spunge.  The best advice I can give on center choice is to spend time
talking to folks from each of them.  Administration is what sets each of
them apart from their counterparts.
I hope this makes sense and helps a little.

Warm regards,

Maryann Migliorelli