[Travelandtourism] Update about Jobs at Disney

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 14 18:47:24 UTC 2014

Good afternoon all:
I have been in touch with Mark Jones, Manager, Domestic Services for Guests with Disabilities Disneyland Resort & Walt Disney World Resort. He does not work in Human Resources on this matter, but here is his reply.
I also just had a conversation  with Dick Davis over at Blind Inc., as well, who will be reaching out to Mark and some of his connections.
Thank you again Mark, for the help.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Good morning Cheryl and thanks for your note.  Do you know who your contacts have been trying to connect with in our Casting department?  I can certainly reach out to a few contacts to find out what might be possible during your next convention (of course, no promises as I do not know what their criteria might be for job fair attendance, etc.)?  Also, although we do not keep statistics, I am aware that we do employ numerous individuals with visual disabilities serving in a wide range of roles across our Parks and Resorts.  In particular, our Reservations teams on both coasts have agents who use technology such as Jaws and Zoom Text.  Best Regards, Mark Mark Jones, CT
Manager, Domestic Services for Guests with DisabilitiesDisneyland Resort & Walt Disney World ResortWALT DISNEY Parks & ResortsCA Office: (714) 781-1384FL Office: (407) 827-5600