[Travelandtourism] Great travel tips, here is mine what is yours

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 12:58:45 UTC 2014

Good morning all:
Prior to convention this year, I was sent from a supplier to try compression pacs, these were from Eagle Creek. I have actually tried others but these are well made and very strong.
What they are in my explanation is sizes small, medium and large sizes.
Think of really big zip loc bags.
If you have seen them on tv, some need a vacuum to take out all the air, these you do not, and no you don't need a lot of strength.
We used the 2 larges and one medium
The bag is designed with the zip loc zipper on top and the bottom of the bag is sealed, and they have areas for the air to escape.
In a large bag I put all my dresses and other clothe into it. my clothe were folded into a nice pile and in 3 separate piles, each pile was put into one bag. I think closed the bag by the zip loc end and then the fun started. I love doing this.
You start from the zip loc end and roll up the bag like a jelly roll, the other end of the bag is releasing the air, or like myself who doesn't have the much strength in my hands.
I put the bag on my bed, and laid on top of it until the air came out, or you can sit on it, see fun.
You can keep doing this until it is flat enough to put in your suitcase, it gives you so much more room in the suitcase, when we were done, Nelson and I would have to have taken 3 suitcases on the plane and we all know how expense the luggage fees can be. With this we were able to just take one large suitcase to be checking in, and the rest we were able to take as non-checked with us on the plane.
They also keep you clothes dry in case of bad weather, or other issues also great for backpacks, and you have a bag for dirty clothes as well, which we did.
They can be found on amazon.com, which if you do not know amazon.com has a give back program called Amazonsmile.com
When you purchase something 0.5 percent of your purchase will go to the National Federation of the Blind, or you can elect to give back to your NFB of State you are in, like mine is the National Federation of the Blind of New York.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria is also the owner of Echevarria Travel www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama