[Travelandtourism] NFB Travel & Tourism Officer Election at National Convention

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:26:21 UTC 2014

Good morning all people reading the travel & tourism division e-mails.
This year is an election year for all officers, and our division in the National Federation of the Blind has been growing, whether you enjoy just reading the posts and learning of what is going on in this division, or you are a traveler and needs to know the ins and outs of traveling independently, works in the travel profession or would like to this is a multi - trillion dollar business from working with the different suppliers like the cruise lines, Disney, hotels, maybe a tour operator, owning your own tour company, working for a travel agency or being your own boss there are many realms in the business of Hospitality.
And the number of one reason to be interested in this division, like with any other division in the NFB, we focus on being advocates for the blind.  We have been working on many issues the last few years and are looking for you to join us.
All the positions are opened but all members have already said they will seek re-election, accept that we are in need of a Vice President and a 3rd Board Member.
If you can give your time to this division, we work on many issues.
You must be a paid member and in good standing of the Travel & Tourism, which is $10 a year.
You do not need to be in the travel professional. I am the only one who is but we want to see those that want to work and find jobs that we can help you find a job in this field.
You need to be available for all teleconference calls for Board Meetings and Monthly Division Meetings.
You also need to be available to travel, we do a fundraiser trip for this division, we are currently in the middle of trying to get one going for 2014, which unfortunately hasn't much interest, so we will start planning for 2015, so all officers should be able to go to where ever the division decides to go.
This is our only fundraiser we do, and 2013 Trip was a very big success.
All interested parties seeking either these 2 positions, please contact us at info at nfbtravel.org
Thank you
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel & Tourism DivisionNational Federation of the Blind 631-236-5138cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateOffering the Best in Meaningful Travel Experiences for Everyone!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.
Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama