[Travelandtourism] How to pay for your hotel room at the National Convention in Orlando or at any hotel

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:49:37 UTC 2015

Good afternoon everyone:

If you did read your Braille Monitor for June, you are missing out.

Coming from someone who has worked in the hospitality field for many years,
there are reasons why you do not pay cash or by debit card at the hotels you
are staying at. It also holds up many others who are registering.

When you are pre-registering for something online you can use a debit card,
at a hotel you cannot pay for you room in cash or by debit card.

When paying by cash, you will have to pay upfront not only for your room,
taxes and fees; but also for incidentals which are phone usage, room
services, internet services. This can be anything the hotel decides to
charge and may or may not decide to give you back whatever wasn't used. If
they do, it will probably be in the form of a check once you return home.

Using a debit card, the hotel will put a hold of a certain amount of money
until  you bank releases funds from your account, that will also be above
and beyond your hotel stay. It can be $500 hold and if you don't have enough
in your account to cover this, you may not have funds to pay for other
things you are looking to pay for.

So the best bet is to use a credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card,
American Express. It doesn't matter if your bank card already has the Visa
or other name of it. If it isn't a credit card, you will have a hold on your
account and may not be released until you return home from convention.

If you can, see if a friend you are rooming with will be willing to pay for
the room in full prior to coming to convention, the worst thing would be to
have a confrontation with a friend or stranger on the 1st or last day of
convention. If they agree, bring the money with you and give it to them at
convention, whether it is cash or a check. But make sure you give the person
the money.

We have about 1 week left before we all head down to Orlando. This year it
is going to be one of the largest one, so check in early.

See you all in Convention.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org <http://www.nfbtravel.org>

To join the talk list

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama