[Travelandtourism] New leadership for this division

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:26:19 UTC 2016

Good afternoon everyone!

I have been honored to hold the position of president of this division since
2011, when former president, Don Gillmore, requested that I run because of
the advocacy work that I had been doing with my business.

As of this convention, I will be stepping down as president. We need to
start talking about leadership of the division. So those interested in
throwing their hats into the ring, should try and be at meetings, prior to
July! Also I had indicated back in January, we were not going to be having a
division meeting, due to many of our officers would not be at convention
this year. But since, we need elections, then maybe I will let National know
of changes.

We need to know of all officers and members, who will be attending
convention, at least for 2016-2017 leadership. Only position that is not up
for election is our Treasurer, Ms. Jo Taylor and Secretary, John
TeBockhorst, since they were elected this past July.

Please advise tomorrow night at the meeting.

Thank you.

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind - Travel & Tourism Division

Vice President

National Federation of the Blind of New York State - Greater Long Island
Chapter

631-236-5138

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

"Live the Life You Want"

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria was awarded by Governor Cuomo in 2012, New York State
Disabled Entrepreneur or the year, and is the owner of Echevarria Travel