[Travelandtourism] Enter the worlds of your favorite book characters through travel especially if you are blind. Let us know if you have experienced this as well.

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:24:25 UTC 2016

Good morning everyone:

I am posting information from my weekly enewsletter that I sent out to all
the readers from Echevarria Travel and I thought you might find it
interesting.

The reason it was written is because, I get many blind people who ask me why
I should travel, I cannot see anything because I am totally blind.

Did you ever read a book from your favorite author either fiction or
non-fiction and your mind goes wondering or you imagine what it might be
like to visit places in these books.

Like my 2 favorite authors are Earnest Hemingway, especially for his
writings for the news, remember he was a correspondent in Spanish Civil War
the issues in Spain. He also wrote about Cuba. My favorite book from him is
still “For Whom The Bell Tolls” if you haven’t read it. It is still one of
the greats. About an American volunteer fighting Franco's fascist forces.
Also my favorite book that was turned into a movie and a musical Don
Quixote; you may know it as “Man of La Mancha” by Miguel de Cervantes
Saavedra in 1605 and 1615.

There are other places I want to go, because I have read about them. We are
actively learning about Spain, so we can take some of you or others there.

The point of the information is that, even if you are blind, you want to
explore the things you read.

It might take you longer to get there, because you are on a fixed income.
Guess what! Blind or not, we are all on fixed incomes.

Here is the article:

Many travelers first got their start by exploring the world through their
favorite books. If you have a beloved author or story, one exciting way to
bring those words to life is by visiting the places that inspired those
tales.

To all our journeys, in and out of books!

>From ancient history to pop culture, there's nothing like a book-inspired
adventure!

You know what it was like to stay up late into the night, nose glued to the
pages as your favorite characters tromped through jungles, hiked mountains,
fell under magic spells, or battled mythic creatures. How would it feel to
walk in their footsteps?

Here are just some of thousands of possible adventures that will make your
favorite books really come to life.

For the lover of classics - Shakespeare's fingerprints can be found all over
Europe. From the balconies of Verona to the Forum in Rome to the Globe
Theater in London to Hamlet's Kronborg Castle in Helsingør, Denmark, his
timeless tales will come to life in new ways as you explore the places that
inspired him. You can spend an entire trip just in England - the center of
his life and work - or take a month and visit the locations featured in your
most beloved plays.

Tolstoy's St. Petersburg, Russia, blooms with moody mystery, and James
Joyce's Dublin, Ireland, is filled with quirky places, most of them still
standing, that the hero Leopold Bloom wanders in Ulysses, making it perfect
for a walking tour. The world of Isabelle Allende's The House of the Spirits
creates a Santiago, Chile, that is woven with rich imagination and the
movements of history.

For the kid in you (or in your life) - Madeline walked the charming streets
of Paris. Anne of Green Gables created mischief and fell in love on Prince
Edward Island, Canada (you can catch an Anne and Gilbert festival in July).
Winnie the Pooh's Hundred Acre Woods - and trails leading to all the places
mentioned in the book - lie peacefully in a place called Ashdown Forest in
East Sussex, England.

The places I mentioned about Earnest Hemingway and Miguel de Cervantes about
Spain.

Or you have children of all ages that would like to find Neverland and Peter
Pan by JM Barrie or Cinderella’s Castle, or even the Pirates of the
Caribbean on the islands themselves.

There is so much more to travel, then just traveling.

You never know it may not be that hard to get to the places you want to
visit.

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org <http://www.nfbtravel.org>

To join the talk list

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, “Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional”

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. – Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama