[Travelandtourism] Questions on airport navigation

Barry Campbell jazzlion1 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 1 10:44:10 UTC 2016

Hello All:

   I have been a lurker on this list for a while and have received some
great information.  I now have a question for everyone which I hope you
will provide some information to me.

      My wife and I travel a lot but usually get someone in the family
to take us to the airport and get us to the ticket desk of our
airlines.  It is now coming to a time where we may not have that luxury
of a free ride to the airport and were wondering how you deal with a few
situations.

    What types of transportation methods do you use i.e. taxi,
paratransit, Airport shuttle, car/limo services, uber/lift services?

Once arriving at the airport how do you deal with navigation with bags
etc since many airports do not have curbside checkin anymore?  How do
you checkin your bags and even get you and your bags to the proper
place, can and or will any of these transportation services assist you
to at least the ticket counter so that a airport assist person can help
you the rest of the way.

We are pretty good travelers but always have that problem arriving at a
airport and also a cruise ship but with cruise ships there are always
cruiseline/ shore staff around to flag down to assist.

I really appreciate any feedback anyone can provide.

Thanks

Barry Campbell

email:  jazzlion1 at comcast.net

twitter:  mdparrothead

"1000 words are better than One Picture"