[Travelandtourism] Questions on airport navigation

Dean Martineau topdot at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 15:55:30 UTC 2016

It's hard to generalize about these matters in my opinion.  Some paratransit
services encourage or allow their drivers to help a passenger to a door,
others do not move from their seat.  While all airports actively discourage
extended parking in front, in practice some are more lenient than others,
and the driver can take you in and return to their vehicle without
consequence.  Some airport entrances are located on the side where you are
dropped off, others require you to cross a lane of traffic to get to the
entrance.

With those thoughts in mind, how you get to the airport is really an
individual decision.  I'm a big Uber fan.  Paratransit can be a lot cheaper.
Once you arrive at the airport, it has been my experience that if I try to
get to the checkin counter to the best of my ability, usually not very
gracefully, I will get the necessary assistance, either from a passenger or
more likely from an employee.

A possibly useful resources is offered by  T S A.  With T S A Cares, a TSA
employee is supposed to offer whatever assistance a person with disability
needs to get through security.  They say they will meet you outside the
terminal or at the ticket counter.  I tried this on a flight, knowing that
it didn't matter if they came through or not.  I called the number, gave
them the information about my flight, and they said somebody would be
calling me.  They did not do so.  I suspect, since this is an advertised
service, that had I been concerned about it, I could have called them back
and probably gotten assistance.  The number to call is (855) 787-2227.

What thoughts do others have about all this?

Dean

I recommend
http://bahaiteachings.org