[Travelandtourism] Questions on airport navigation

robynwallen at juno.com robynwallen at juno.com
Sat Oct 1 17:09:46 UTC 2016

Personally we take Uber to the airport in part because we find it easier to get those drivers to help get our luggage to the curbside check in.  Often taxi drivers just dump you out and while we are good travelers with all the cars, taxi cabs, and shuttles driving in and out its just easier to have assistance.  As for getting to the gate we will typically ask for assistance.  They will usually send someone pretty quickly and while they occasionally want you to ride in a wheelchair we tell them when they call for assist no wheelchair and if they bring one we again tell them no and none have ever fought with us on this.  We do only have one assist person for the two of us because to be honest we do not want to take assistance away from anyone who may really need it and there is no need for two people to assist us.   The advantage of this is getting thru security very quickly as they can take you around the never ending line and I am not going to cut my nose off despite my face and refuse anything that makes my life easier and avoids standing in a line forever.  Not to mention its hard to find your items after you go thru security with all the other tubs stacked on the line and I do not like going thru other peoples stuff to find mine because god forbid they come up missing something and then accuse you of it.  Once we get to our gate we always let the assistance go and from then on its up to us to navigate the airport if we decide to go grab a bite or whatever.  We do ask for assistance on the other end particularly in an airport we do not know to get to our luggage and to ground transportation.  The only exception to that is when we get to our home airport where we can pretty much navigate on our own. Robyn