[Travelandtourism] Carnival cruise line

Jana Jackson jana at janajackson.com
Wed Jun 13 18:51:02 UTC 2018

The last time I cruised with them I was the agent for a small group of mostly senior adults.  One of them was being treated very badly regarding her accessible room which couldn't accommodate her scooter.  Had I not been cruising with her, I don't think the situation would have been fixed.  I don't remember exactly what I said... But the people with me said that by the look on the lady from Carnival's face, I scared her to death. <LOL>  I do recall mentioning the ADA and the unwanted publicity that can accompany a large cruise line like Carnival's failure to properly accommodate... The matter was quickly settled! 😊

Kala, I'm so sorry that this happened to your mom.  If this is a disability-related complaint, you may want to contact someone who works specifically as an advocate or an attorney who focuses on disability law.  When someone is treated unfairly for any reason, it makes me SO ANGRY!!  I wish there was something I could do to help, I really do!  The next time you take a cruise or need a vacation package, might I suggest using a travel agent?  The cost is usually about the same, and we can go to bat for you if need be.  Sometimes I'm able to provide more value, even a lower price, to clients than they are able to find themselves.  I really do hope you're able to find a solution to this!

Jana