[Travelandtourism] Luxury Bus Travel

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 15 14:58:01 UTC 2018

Good morning Jana and everyone,

	You may want to check your area to see if services similar to
Vonlane operate there. Vonlane does have plans to expand into other Texas
cities and into other states. Perhaps competitors will come along offering
the same level of service and will connect all of their cities giving
passengers a seemless travel experience.

	Vonlane personnel told me that they looked into buying smaller
busses to use on short hall routes  such as between San Antonio and Austin
and between Dallas and Fport Worth. The vehicles they considered were found
not to be ADA compliant. All I can say to that is "Why complicate the
issue?" Until they develop markets to offer non-stop service between San
Antonio, Dallas, and Fort Worth it may be necessary to allow passengers to
connect to these cities via Austin or offering through service to these
cities via Austin giving us total access to their network and to comply with
the ADA. I'm not sure if any new developments have occurred but will check
their Website for the latest.

	The price isn't so bad considering what you get. We'll look forward
to traveling to Houston with them or to other Texas cities from San Antonio
once they launch direct service to these destinations, arrive at an event
hotel, check in, and go directly to your room and get ready for a wonderful
event. Try doing that with Greyhound, Megabus, etc. If anyone hears of
luxury bus services similar to Vonlane we want to know about them. All the
best.

Peter Donahue