[Travelandtourism] Technology And Distractions

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 11 14:41:31 UTC 2019

Good morning everyone,

	Apps and other wayfinding technology for the blind are great if they
don't cause distractions. This past weekend one of our business team members
decided that charging their assistive technology was more important than
staying in the conference session to obtain information that could help them
grow their business. This individual should have charged their devices prior
to the start of Saturday evening's business session instead of ducking out
to use the arena charging station. My cell phone battery was at 30% by the
end of the night. I waited until we returned to our hotel room to recharge
the cell phone so as not to miss any important information.

	We're all for developing apps and other products to assist blind
travelers but if we're going to be your business coach we won't have our
time wasted by those who spend their time at charging stations instead of in
the business session when these devices could be charged when the conference
is not in session emergencies not withstanding. This bit of wisdom should
also be kept in mind for those who attend travel-related conventions so
you'll receive the maximum benefit from such conferences.

Peter Donahue