[Txabs] Focus Group after TABS meeting Friday night

Melody McCotter melodymccotter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 22:37:44 UTC 2011

Hello, TABSters,

I'm looking for a few student participants (5 - 8) to be in a focus
group Friday night just after the TABS meeting adjourns. It will be
about an hour long and it will be a conversation between all of us
about the technology
and tools we find useful for school and studying. This is for an
anthropology research methods course I'm taking as part of my PhD work
at UNT. My topic is Visually Impaired Students’ Use of Adaptive
Information Technology. I need to get together a group of 5 - 8
currently enrolled college or post-secondary students who are
blind/visually impaired. I will audio record if I have everyone's
permission and I will not use your real name in my write-up. As this
is just a class project, I won't be publishing this study, but I hope
it will lead to future, more in-depth research. As a thank-you to my
participants I plan to share a list of resources, tools, and
technology that comes out of the research with the participants at the
end of the project. I would GREATLY appreciate your participation in
this project. I would like to have the group lined up ahead of time so
I can send you an informed consent form in advance. If you are
interested in attending the focus group or have any questions, please
e-mail or call me.

Thank You,
Melody McCotter

melodymccotter at gmail.com