[Txabs] Texans Unite at NABS Meeting

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:12:30 UTC 2012

Dear Tabsters,
 Ashly,  all of the points brought up by Juan are dead on.
 I will add  that if you are not sure if you will be there- no
problem,   pre-registering does  not mean paying your dues right then.
 you can pay  the $5 dues at the door (in fact, that's the only time
you can do it), so it's only to your benifit to pre-register, and you
have absolutely nothing to lose!
 Also, if you can,  could you please contact me off-list?
  looking forward to catching up  with all of you deep in the heart of texas!
  Darian

On 6/25/12, Juan Carlos Munoz <jc.munoz.nfb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ashley,
>
> The benefit to preregistering, if nothing else, is that you'll get in
> faster because NABS will already have the information you submitted
> online that they need. As Gabe said, all you need to do is give them
> your name or e-mail and your $5, and you're in the door. Hope this
> helps.
>
> On 6/25/12, Ashley <cumbiambera2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok maybe I should ask you guys this question.
>> What happens if you preregister for the meeting, even if you're not
>> sure if you'll be able to make it? My thought would be it'd be better
>> to be safe than sorry, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
>> I'm planning to be at convention, but am having a health problem that
>> is kind of beyond my control at this point, so not sure yet what'll
>> happen. Might go a little later than planned, not sure, but would it
>> be a good idea to preregister anyway?
>>
>> On 6/25/12, Gabe Cazares <gcazares10 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> TABSters,
>>> Just in case you had trouble with the link we sent out earlier here it
>>> is
>>> again:
>>> http://www.nabslink.org/drupal/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=2
>>> Please preregister for the NABS Business Meeting, and plan to join your
>>> Texan friends on Sunday July 1, in the Stemmons Ballroom on the Atrium
>>> Lobby. Registration opens at 6:15 PM, and remember that if you
>>> preregister
>>> online, all you have to do is give your name or Email address and pay
>>> your
>>> dues and walk inside! No more long lines, no more waiting, and if you
>>> check
>>> in before 6:45 you'll get entered twice for the door prize drawing!!!
>>> Preregister, come to the meeting, and buy a TABS T-shirt so you can wear
>>> it
>>> with the rest of us that evening.
>>> I'm really excited about convention, and I hope you are too!!!
>>> See you soon,
>>>
>>> ...Gabe
>>>
>>> Gabriel M. Cazares, 1st Vice President
>>> Texas Association of Blind Students - TABS (A Division of the National
>>> Federation of the Blind of Texas)
>>> www.nfbtx.org/tabs
>>> Phone: 713-581-0619

>>> for NABS events, and I am proud to report that Texxas is in the lead at
>>> this
>>> time. Let's keep it up so that WHEN TABS is announced, heads will turn