[Txabs] Introduction

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 00:49:17 UTC 2012

Hi Amanda,
My name is Gabe and I'm the first Vice President of the Texas Association of
Blind Students. Welcome again to Texas! I'm glad you've connected with TABS.
TABS is a division of the NFB of Texas that focuses on supporting,
mentoring, networking, and building relationships amongst ourselves as blind
students and people. We would love to be of support to you as you reengage
in the academic world, your local Austin Chapter of the National Federation
of the Blind is also a fountain of information and support, and I encourage
you to get involved with them.
Basically, we are a group of blind students that are here to offer support,
advice, but to also give back to others through our involvement in the NFB
of Texas. You will often here Federationists refer to one another as family,
because that's exactly what we are to one another. We are a family that is
here to encourage and empower, so I invite you to visit your local chapter,
and on the web you will find the following:

NFB:
www.nfb.org
NFB of Texas:
www.nfbtx.org
NFBT Austin Chapter:
www.nfbaustin.org
TABS Homepage:
www.nfbtx.org/tabs
TABS on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/tabs.members
TABS on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/txtabsters

I would recommend that you read all about the NFB, the NFB of Texas, and
TABS, and feel free to get involved!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me off list.
Again, welcome to the great Lone Star State and to the Texas Association of
Blind Students!

Best,

...Gabe

Gabriel M. Cazares, 1st Vice President
Texas Association of Blind Students - TABS (A Division of the National
Federation of the Blind of Texas)
www.nfbtx.org/tabs
Phone: 713-581-0619