[Txabs] 2013 State Convention Couch Correspondents

Gabe Cazares gcazares10 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 18:33:23 UTC 2013

The Texas Association of Blind Students is excited to announce that we will
be looking for correspondents to report on convention presentations from the
VIP TABS couch!

What?

A much more comfortable place to sit during general session on Saturday
Afternoon and Sunday Morning.

When?

NFB of Texas State Convention

How do I apply?

Purchase raffle tickets from any TABS board member all day Friday and
Saturday through Lunch time. During lunch on Saturday 4 names will be drawn
to sit on the TABS Convention couch. The first 2 names drawn will sit on the
couch during our Saturday afternoon session, and the second set of names
will enjoy the couch reporting privileges on Sunday morning. You can buy 1
raffle ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. Remember, the more tickets you buy, the
better your odds are of winning!!!

Why are we calling them couch correspondents?

Because President Kimberly Flores will be conducting 30-60 second interviews
periodically throughout general sessions with our couch correspondents, so
bring your reporting skills with you!!! In addition, winners of the VIP
couch privilege will enjoy complementary snacks and soft drinks, coffee, or
water provided by the Texas Association of Blind Students along with butler
service from a variety of TABSters! (tips will be accepted, which will also
benefit the Texas Association of Blind Students)

Enjoy convention from the couch!

TABS will also be having opportunities for you to win some cold-hard-cash,
information on that activity to follow.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me off-list.

Looking forward to serving our couch correspondents at convention, will that
be you?

...Gabe