[Txabs] We invite you to join the NFB of Texas Community Service Committee this Thursday!

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Aug 1 16:50:16 UTC 2017

Good morning Fellow Federationists,
Have you ever wanted to become more involved in community service?
Have you ever wanted to help others who may not have the means to help
themselves? Have you ever wanted to find an amazing way to build your
own self-confidence and leadership skills? Have you ever wanted to
find ways to build your resume, help getting into an institution of
higher education or win scholarships? Then my friends, volunteering
and the endless benefits that can be accumulated for those you serve
and yourself is the name of the game.

The National Federation of the Blind of Texas Community Service
Committee is pleased to welcome you to our August meeting. Our meeting
will take place this Thursday at 7pm Central time. We will be
discussing such items as a recap of what the National Division did at
the 2017 National Convention and what we are planning for our service
project at our State Convention in November in Houston.

To call into our meeting, please call:
641-715-0700
And use the access code:
596511

We look forward to working alongside you,

Let’s get involved!

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Graduate Student
Master’s of Social Work Program
Texas State University

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.