[Txabs] Come join the NFB of Texas Community Service Committee

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Aug 8 20:44:55 UTC 2017

Fellow Federationists,
Are you looking to make a positive impact on your community, are you
looking for ways to give back to others who may not have the means to
help themselves? Are you looking to build your confidence as an
individual and as a leader? Are you looking for ways to increase and
build membership for your Chapter or Division?

For answers to those questions and many others revolving around
community service, I would like to give everyone the opportunity to
join the NFB of Texas Community Service Committee!

My name is Jonathan Franks and I am the Co-Chair for this committee
and would personally like to invite you all to join.

We as a committee want to demonstrate that we can live the lives we
want by giving back to our communities and erasing the misconception
that we as blind people only receive service and are unable to provide
it.

An email list was just created for our committee and we would love to
add you to that list.
The purpose of this email list is to:
1. Send out meeting reminders
2.  Discuss any projects that we are taking on such as our service
project at State Convention, our Chapter engagement project etc.
3. An avenue where we can discuss several Community Service related
topics such as how to get involved with a service project, how to
advocate for yourself as a blind volunteer etc.
4. Any announcements from the National Community Service Division
5. Any community service related questions in general.

If you are interested in joining please email me at
jfranks at nfbtx.org
And Daniel Martinez at
dmartinez at nfbtx.org

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Graduate Student
Masters of Social Work Program
Texas State University

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.