[Txabs] Let's get involved and help those who have been affected by hurricane Harvey

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Sat Aug 26 17:24:37 UTC 2017

Hello all,
First of all, I hope that everyone that has been in the pathway of
Hurricane Harvey is safe. I am passing along this message on behalf of
the NFB of Texas Community Service Committee. The effects of this
hurricane are an excellent opportunity to give back to our communities
that have been affected by the damage. I encourage you all to reach
out to such organizations as the American Red Cross and volunteer your
services. If there is anything we can do as an organization to help
you, I encourage you to reach out to Norma Crosby, myself and Daniel
Martinez, your fellow Federationists and the NFB of Texas office at
(281) 968-7733

Warm regards,

Jonathan Franks BSW
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
Graduate Student
Master’s of Social Work Program
Texas State University

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people  and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.