[Vabs] NABSLink Announcements

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:04:07 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Please find on NABSLink right now a copy of the materials distributed at a
student leadership seminar held at the National Center for the Blind.  The
leadership seminar was a weekend devoted to cultivating state student
divisions through the development of strong leadership, and the materials
are a follow-up packet to help participants take what they learned and build
the momentum.

Whether you were there or not, you are going to want to click on the link
below: 1) because the materials are an essential tool to expanding your
understanding of our parent organization and translating that knowledge to
the development of your division; and 2) because there is tangible evidence
on this page that the people in NABS know how to have a good time while
teaching valuable lessons.  Please see below for the link.

The second announcement is a call for social networking junkies.  If you
break out in hives from being away from Facebook for too long, if you could
write your own curriculum on how to do everything from friending to
tweeting, and if the mere thought of being able to do all this as a
transferable skill to your resume makes you practically leap from your seat,
let me know.  NABSLink wants to put you in charge of managing the division's
social networking initiative.  We're looking for someone who could bring the
era of social networking to NABS in a fun and dynamic way that promotes the
organization to larger audiences.  We're looking for someone who can help
NABSLink expand in leaps and bounds across the Internet beyond the
boundaries of the main site.  Please contact me off-list if you're
interested in joining a different front of the web development team.  This
is but one more way you too can become involved in the student division at
the national level.

Regards,

Joe Orozco

Leadership Seminar 2009:

http://nabslink.org/resources/leadership2009.shtml

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado

database 4037 (20090427) __________

http://www.eset.com