[Vabs] NABS December Bulletin!

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 03:19:39 UTC 2009

national Association of Blind Students
>From the Desk of the President
December 7, 2009

In This Bulletin:
1.  Check Out the Student Slate!
2. NABS On Facebook and Twitter!
3.  Pennies for Pages!
4.  Washington Seminar Update
5.  2010 NFB Scholarship Application Now Available!
6.  State Division Announcements

1.  Check Out the Student Slate!

The National Association of Blind  Students once again brings you the
latest edition of the Student Slate, our quarterly newsletter. In this
issue you will learn about the lives of a blind climatologist,
substitute teacher, and student, as well as learn about the latest
developments in legislation as we prepare for Washington Seminar. This
issue is truly one-of-a-kind, and I give great appreciation to Karen
Anderson, Domonique Lawless, and Sean Whalen for their diligence in
recruiting and editing such a diverse and interesting set of articles.
Please find the Slate attached to this  message, and it will be posted
on our Website,
www.nabslink.org
by the end of this week.

2. NABS on Facebook and Twitter:

I'm pleased to announce that the National Association of Blind
Students now has a page on Facebook and an account on Twitter! Become
a fan of NABS on Facebook to stay in touch and communicate with other
blind students across the country.  Follow us on Twitter to receive
announcements about what NABS is doing both nationally and in our
state divisions.  You can find us by searching for "National
Association of Blind Students" on Facebook and "NABSLINK" on Twitter.

Do you have a piece of news that you want us to post on Facebook and
Twitter? Please send it to the membership committee by writing an
email to
Nabs.membership at gmail.com
3.  Pennies for Pages:
Sean Whalen, second vice-president of NABS, writes the following. For