[VABS] College Students Can Receive Complimentary Era Glasses

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:21:44 UTC 2017

Dear Students

The National Federation of the Blind is committed to exploring how technology helps blind students live the lives they want. Exciting new technologies are fundamentally altering the ways in which students succeed in and out of the classroom. If you're an incoming college freshman, you could have the chance to try out a new technology from Aira that may help you as you start this important chapter of your life.

The National Federation of the Blind is partnering with Aira <https://aira.io/> , a company that uses smart glass technology, live agents, and artificial intelligence to assist blind people in understanding and navigating their environment. You might use it to help you explore your college campus and new community, for example.

Through a partnership with Aira's Back to School Program, selected blind college freshmen can receive a free nine-month subscription to four hundred minutes of Aira services, as well as onboard training, data, and the wearable glasses.

In order to apply for this opportunity:

·        You must be legally blind

·        You must be beginning college as a first year student in the fall of 2017

The National Federation of the Blind is dedicated to helping all blind people, including blind students, live the lives they want. An equal education is critical to success, and students play a key role in creating a bright future for blind Americans. We are happy to partner with Aira in this exciting opportunity.

Good luck, and all our best for the new school year!

Sincerely,

The National Federation of the Blind Communications team

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>
Twitter: @rlawyer

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>