[VABS] FW: Corporate Mentorship and Free Networking Webinar

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:17:09 UTC 2017

The Pearson Disability Mentorship program, *Changing the Channel,* is now accepting a second round of mentee applicants. (See press release below.) The pilot was successful and popular with mentors and mentees and we are excited about its expansion. This virtual mentoring program is available for students and graduates with disabilities, including blindness, who are motivated to reach beyond career stereotypes, identify and prepare for professional pathways with the guidance of a seasoned corporate mentor, and expand their professional network.

*Also* - On August 23, at 6 pm eastern time, Pearson is sponsoring a free webinar on Networking Strategies for Job Seekers With Disabilities. We are delighted to extend an invitation to *all* college students and recent grads with disabilities. Enrollment may be limited by space considerations so please contact me (elizabeth_delfs at pearsoned.com) for registration information before August 18th.

Applications are now being accepted for the second round of a mentorship program offered by Pearson Education to help college students and young professionals with disabilities explore career opportunities in a variety of fields.

In the pilot of the mentoring program, offered in partnership with the National Federation of the Blind, students were paired with mentors in Pearson’s legal department, given access to Pearson’s MyCareerPlanningLab, offered informational interviews with leaders in their desired career field, and given resume and interview advice from human resources professionals.

The second cohort of mentees will also have the ability to participate in a special webinar with Susan Sneider, a networking professional and author of *A Lawyer’s Guide to Networking*, as well as receive a complimentary copy of the book.

“It has been an honor to participate in the pilot of Pearson’s mentoring program. It couldn’t have come at a better time in my life,” says Sylvia Modesitt, a 24-year-old graduate of William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri, in a media release. “This program is an incredible resource for individuals with disabilities—especially those who are interested in learning from successful role models.”

“I am so excited to see how this unique mentoring program has given young, aspiring professionals with disabilities the guidance and encouragement they need to launch new careers and imagine new horizons,” states Bjarne Tellmann, general counsel and chief legal officer at Pearson, in the release. “As we kick off our second round, we are looking forward to expanding the program to include an even more diverse group of participants with disabilities.”

For more information about the mentorship program, visit Pearson Education Inc <https://www.pearson.com/us/> or email Elizabeth Delfs at Elizabeth.delfs at pearsoned.com.

*Elizabeth Delfs, Esq.*
*Vice President and Senior Counsel*
*Pearson, Inc.*