[VABS] nova

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 2 03:32:34 UTC 2017

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I am so glad to learn someone else is at another nova campus fighting for equal access. Manasas is a small campus.
I bet its easier to get around there.
They are terrible. You cannot even get basic accomodations at nova such as textbooks timely. I was told to use learning ally texts when available. And, I did that myself, paying for it and all! I hate some of the learning ally readers though. And when that was not an option, I used the old fashioned way of finding readers or scanning materials. My MOA said to give me electronic copies of handouts and visual aids like powerpoints and diagrams. That does not always happen. I would then ask my dss counselor to intervene if the professor ignored me and she did ask them to honor my MOA. But still they did it late about honoring my accomodations, and nothing really happened to the professor. I got my study materials late. The professor was not reprimanded or anything. Nova does not have equal access. I’m glad

I’m glad you are getting embossers available to students, Mark. They really need that. Other students can print on campus so blind students should be able to emboss things.
And once I learn who else is at Nova here I’ll gather up your emails and write more off list. I don’t wish to clutter the list. But IMO I think it will be good to exchange ideas and experiences about NOVA.

At least nova now has jaws at the libraries; that was not the case five years ago.

Take care,

Ashley