[VABS] Welcome to VABS!!

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 02:25:16 UTC 2017

Good Evening Everyone

I am so excited to finally have the Virginia Association of Blind Students
list serve up and running. This email service will allow us the opportunity
to discuss, plan, and network within our state division easier. Also, I will
be able to make announcements for the division about upcoming conference
calls, seminars, and events you may be interested in attending. First, let's
go over a few rules.

1.	This is an email forum for all Virginia blind high school and
college students. This information can only be seen by those who are
subscribed to this service.
2.	Please practice netiquette or kind manners when replying or posting
to this service. Remember that we all have feelings and should act our age.
3.	Please feel free to ask questions about school, life, or
recreational interests to get a response back. This email service is for our
betterment as a community and division. We all want to see you win, so don't
be shy to share any issue you are facing.

Now, let's go over how this works:

1.	To post to this email list serve, send the email to vabs at nfbnet.org
<mailto:vabs at nfbnet.org> . When you send your email, it will go to everyone
who is subscribed to this page. If you are reading this email then you have
been subscribed.
2.	If you see an email that you would like to respond to, hit the
posted can read your reply.
3.	If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at the number
in my signature.

I can't wait to connect with all of you more and let's get started. Look out
for my first announcement this evening.

Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 200 3275

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass