[VABS] My takeaways from the Baltimore seminar

Efose Oriaifo efoseoriaifo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:45:48 UTC 2017

Good morning everyone,

I had a highly engaging and informative experience at the Baltimore students seminar. I particularly enjoyed the grilling and dance events on Saturday. In addition, I took 3 key things away from the seminar.
Firstly, you should make sure people can look past any disabilities, unusual appearances, etc that you may have and see you for what's on the inside (i.e. your personality) before you create any long-term relationships.
Secondly, regardless of your physicsl status or any other factors, you should clearly present your skills to any prospective employers by putting them towards the top of your resume.
Thirdly, from hearing about the various struggles fully blind people have to go through on a day-to-day basis, I value the limited sight I have even more than before I attended the seminar.

Greetings,

Efose