[VABS] Convention Week: The Pressure is On

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 16:07:16 UTC 2017

Bonjour VABSters

Who's excited? Who's pumped? Well, if you are not, too bad I am. We are
officially in convention week and I wanted to just remind people of duties.
All board members need to email me with their ice breakers ASAP. I have
heard nothing from any of you and if I don't get anything today then we will
hold hands and sing the wheels on the bus for 2 hours on Friday night.

I also want to remind the people who are slated for positions on the board
by the nominating committee that it is this weekend that your work ethic
should be seen. I need VABS to look like they are a force and I need its
potential leaders to look like they want to have these positions. I have
seen plenty of elections where a new student comes in and upsets a person
that was slated for a position because no one in the membership saw the
slated person until the actual election process. Don't be one of those
students. The reason the nominating committee believes that you are a good
fit for the position you are nominated for is because you showcased talent
that, with the right connections and support, can make you an awesome leader
of not just VABS, but the affiliate as well. Don't make their research go to
waste.

All moderators of the panel discussions will receive their questions to ask
the panelists this afternoon. Again, they are not tough questions. They are
just an avenue for the panelists to introduce and describe themselves and
their experience.

Finally, all students that will be at the hotel on Thursday night, please
come find me. I think it would be fun to catch up for a bit and discuss
things for the first day.

I look forward to hearing from all of you very soon.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass