[VABS] Thank You, Naomi

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 21:09:11 UTC 2017

Hello VABS

I wanted to take the time to share some news with you all. A few months ago,
VABS added new positions to its executive board. These intern positions,
tasked with different vital duties, were responsible for the development of
our fundraising and communications committees, respectively. All the
students chosen for this position have been an asset to our division and I
can't see how we got along without them originally. Unfortunately, we must
allow for one to continue to spread her wings and soar like the eagle she
is. Naomi O'Toole, our social media chair, is entering the 12th grade this
year. Seeing how pivotal this school year is to her decision on college and
other endeavors, she has officially stepped down from her role as the social
media intern. Naomi did a phenomenal job at promoting our events and news on
the VABS Twitter page, vabs_students and it is a blessing to have her pilot
the intern program with her work. I want to take the time to say on behalf
of the executive board of the Virginia Association of Blind Students, Thank
You Naomi. Your work is appreciated and I am sure that your work in VABS and
the Chesapeake Bay chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Virginia will not cease here. Remember, your college years will be the next
chapter in the novel that is your life. Don't forget to keep us updated and
call on us if you need anything.

Best Regards

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass