[VABS] Hey Richmond, Need a Ride to Bowling?

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 20:57:34 UTC 2017

Greetings

This is a message from your friendly Richmond Chapter and Virginia Student
Division President further promoting the VABS "Bowl with the Blind "event in
Virginia Beach on Saturday, October 7. I know that travel expenses and
location may hinder some people from making such a big event a possibility
for them, but I am here to solve this problem for residents of Richmond. If
you live in the Richmond area and are interested in attending the event, I
may be able to tempt you with an offer of cheaper and more direct
transportation. The Virginia Association of Blind Students will be
chartering a van from Richmond to the bowling event in Virginia Beach with
direct door-to-door access. A member of the Richmond chapter, RobAnn
Parsons, has agreed to drive this van and we will be departing Richmond on
Saturday, October 7 at 10AM. We will depart from Virginia Beach at 5pm that
evening.

If you are interested in grabbing a seat for the van to Virginia Beach, here
is the information.

1.	The price of the ride is $45. A regular trip to Virginia Beach to
Richmond roundtrip is at minimum $50. There are only two buses and trains
per day for service between these cities. The earliest train would get you
to VA Beach late and the latest train would leave before the event even
ends. This price of $45 is a steal because it will secure timely attendance
and door-to-door transportation. Take advantage of this deal while seats
remain.
2.	This van will afford you the opportunity to make stops on the way in
the case that one needs to use the bathroom or have a guide dog that needs
relief.
3.	This van will hopefully connect people that live both in the city of
Richmond and the outskirts of Richmond. If you don't live in Richmond
proper, feel free to contact me.
4.	The deadline for contacting me with interest is Friday, September
29, 2017. The money will be due that day as well. Please feel free to speak
with me about any questions or concerns. This price covers your
transportation. The games for bowling are $2 per game, so even with 5 games
of bowling you still would spend less than you would have for a ticket if
you took Amtrak or Greyhound to this event.  Please contact me in this
thread or at 804 801 7674 if you have any other questions. I look forward to
speaking with you soon.

Ciao

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass