[VABS] Fundraising Volunteer Thread

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 13:48:16 UTC 2017

Good Morning VABS

This thread is to begin the volunteer process for VABS fundraisers at state
convention. We already agreed to sell braille personalized bracelets so we
know what item we are selling. The price for each bracelet is $5. Now the
next step is to figure out who wants to volunteer to sell these bracelets in
the halls and meetings at convention. I am looking for a team of four
students to assist Naim and I in this effort. Understand that the beginning
of leadership in this division is by taking the bull by the horns and
actively participating in all parts of our work, not just the parts you
think are fun. Finally, if you are interested, these are the guidelines for
fundraising with our division:

1.	This is an honor system. We give you the product, we expect the
money for that product back. I keep track of what goes out, so we will know
if something has gone awry.
2.	The Federation and our affiliate loves their students. Put on the
charm and they are like silly putty in your hands.
3.	Selling to family members and friends are also a great way to
maximize the selling potential.
4.	Every opportunity is an opportunity to make more money for our
division. Unless you are in like a business meeting at work, then that may
not be best.

If you are interested in assisting with the fundraiser, let me know in this
thread. We will chat. The convention is from November 3-5. I am beginning
the fundraiser on Friday, November 3 at 12pm. I hope to sell alongside you.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass