[VABS] VABS State Board Meeting Update

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:28:52 UTC 2018

Good Evening VABS

I hope you are doing well on this Friday night. I want to provide a few
updates about the information discussed on last night's conference call.

First, Tracy Soforenko has informed me that the state board meeting has been
pushed back to Saturday, May 19, 2018. It will begin at 1pm. So, our
fundraiser will take place on that same day.

Secondly, I have contacted and placed an order with Publics and believe we
came off with a great deal. For the price of $99, VABS has ordered 70 pieces
of fried chicken, 40 Hawaiian King Rolls, 40 canned sodas, and 32 bottles of
water. I have requested funds from the Treasury for this already and we will
have those items picked up prior to the meeting.

All of this sounds like great news because we spent less money on the whole
meal than we did on just the pizza and drinks. Mark Canamaso, our treasurer,
has always guaranteed that he will provide the paper goods, so that means we
will only need someone to volunteer to bring fruit. If anyone is interested
in taking this task on, please reply to this thread or call me personally. I
look forward to speaking with you all then.

Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass