[VABS] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Senate Committee Votes to Advance Marrakesh Treaty

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 03:15:43 UTC 2018

good news! thanks for sharing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Hill via VABS
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:41 PM
To: Virginia Association of Blind Students list
Cc: Andre Hill
Subject: [VABS] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Senate Committee Votes to Advance
Marrakesh Treaty

This is amazing news!!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List <
nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Wed, May 23, 2018, 9:05 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Senate Committee Votes to Advance Marrakesh
Treaty
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Senate Committee Votes to Advance Marrakesh
TreatyNational Federation of the Blind Commends Committee Vote Washington,
DC (May 22, 2018): The Foreign Relations Committee of the United States
Senate voted unanimously today in favor of advancing the Marrakesh Treaty
to the full Senate for its advice and consent. The National Federation of
the Blind commends the vote. “The National Federation of the Blind was a
principal leader in the development and negotiation of the Marrakesh
Treaty,” said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National Federation of
the Blind. “By allowing the worldwide production and exchange of accessible
books, the treaty will dramatically increase the availability of knowledge
to blind people everywhere. We commend the Senate Foreign Relations
Committee for its favorable action today, and urge the full Senate to
support the treaty so that the door to expanded literacy will be unlocked
for millions of blind Americans.” ### About the National Federation of the
Blind *The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in
Baltimore, is the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind
Americans. Founded in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and
divisions in the fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB
defends the rights of blind people of all ages and provides information and
support to families with blind children, older Americans who are losing
vision, and more. We believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and
work together to transform them into reality. Learn more about our many
programs and initiatives at www.nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11274&qid=2265375>
.

*CONTACT: *Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
410-659-9314, extension 2330
410-262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11275&qid=2265375>

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11276&qid=2265375>

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11276&qid=2265375>
[image:
Twitter Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11277&qid=2265375>
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11277&qid=2265375>
[image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11278&qid=2265375>
[image:
YouTube Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11279&qid=2265375>
[image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11280&qid=2265375>
[image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11281&qid=2265375>
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11281&qid=2265375>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=9360&qid=2265375&h=585cdfa17861966b>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=9360&qid=2265375&h=585cdfa17861966b>
|  Sign up for email newsletter
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11282&qid=2265375>

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States..

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_-2773457184599782041_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/andrehill6188%40gmail.com