[VABS] Chili, Cornbread, and Cakes, Oh My!

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 21:55:15 UTC 2018

Calling All Chili-loving Federationists

Can you smell it? The wonderfulness that is all your friends' pots of
delicious, savory chili? The time is almost upon us to become judge and jury
for the tastiest event of the NFBV. I encourage all of you to wake up on the
24th of March, grab your spoon, grab your jacket, and run as fast as you can
to your mode of transportation because all roads lead to Richmond for the
Richmond Chapter's 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff. Here is the vital information:

Time: 11AM-3pm

Location: St. Bridget's Catholic Church

6006 three Chopt Rd.

Richmond, VA 23226

Attendees: $7 advance cover|$10 at the door

Competitors: $10 (deadline for registration is March 10)

We are also proud to announce that we will be introducing a new element to
our event. This cookoff will present the inaugural Richmond Chapter Cake
Race. This opportunity is for all of you Federationists with a sweet tooth.
Here are the rules:

1.	6 people will enter for each race.
2.	Each participant will be given a number.
3.	The moderator will roll a die and if your corresponding number is
rolled you will advance in the race.
4.	The first participant to reach the predetermined number of steps
will win their choice of our many delicious cakes.

This event will take place during the chili cookoff and the price for entry
is $2. If you have ever tasted the cakes that our student division sell at
the state board meeting, then you know that our chapter only provides the
most decadent cakes Virginia can offer. Sign up upon arrival and win you
chance to bring home some sweet, sweet victory.

Keep in mind that there will be various door prizes and a 50/50 raffle at
this event, so your chances of winning are fair, even if you are not a chili
participant. If you are interested in participating as a competitor in the
cookoff, please contact Gerald Meredith before Saturday at 804.243.3980. I
look forward to connecting with our all in Richmond!

With Love

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass