[VABS] VABS Monthly Conference Call 4/5/18

Robert Parsons rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:03:00 UTC 2018

Good Morning VABS

It has been a while, hasn't it? I'm sure you guys are wondering what the
board has cooking for the April call of the Virginia Association of Blind
Students. I am here and will not disappoint. Our April call will be full of
updates, reports, and votes on different Spring and Summer activities we are
working on. You will not want to miss this. Below are some of the items
being discussed:

1.	Fundraising for the May State Board Meeting: The board meeting of
the NFBV will take place on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the Library Resource
Center of the Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired in Richmond. VABS
will be returning with their pizza lunches and snacks. We will be voting on
what items to sell and possibility of other fundraisers.
2.	Fundraising for National Convention: National Convention will be
from July 3-8 in Orlando, FL. VABS will be discussing and deciding on what
their fundraising effort will be for this event.
3.	VABS Presence at Project Rise Seminar: Project RISE will have a
seminar at the Jernigan Institute from June 8-10. VABS will discuss what
students are attending and what we can do to further promote new students to
join.
4.	Southeast Regional Student Retreat: Updates will be provided for the
upcoming retreat in August and students will have a chance to get further
involved in their areas.

Yes, this is a schedule full of important topics. If you believe that your
vote counts in any of these discussions, please call in to the conference
call next Thursday. Here is the call-in information:

Number: 641.715.3655

Access Code: 568305

Time: 8pm

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

President, Richmond Chapter

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

President, French Club

Secretary, Caribbean American Student Alliance

Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society '15

Randolph Macon College '18

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass